Okay, so I started with a wooden L (from shopko) That was the size I wanted, and spray painted it yellow (so the brown wouldn't show through the yarn. Then I wrapped it in yarn (securing it with hot glue).
Next I got a dollar store pool noodle, and cut about a foot off with a kitchen knife (it cuts so easily) And duck taped it together.
Here's a back view of the "feet" on the back of my wreath...(even has a no slip rubber grip LOL!)
I made a second smaller ring, slipped the tights on it, and wedged it inside (I wanted a larger wreath, not a wimpy one) Then I cut strips of burlap and tied the two rings together at the top.